This website is owned by the Helen Steiner Rice Foundation Fund, LLC. You may use or print material from this website for your own personal use only. View restrictions and permissions.
Helen Steiner Rice's
The personal commandments of Helen Steiner Rice emphasized optimism:
1. Thou shalt be happy
2. Thou shalt use thy talents to make others glad.
3. Thou shalt rise above defeat and trouble.
4. Thou shalt look upon each day as a new day.
5. Thou shalt always do thy best and leave the rest to God.
6. Thou shalt not waste thy time and energy in useless worry.
7. Thou shalt look only on the bright side of life.
8. Thou shalt not be afraid of tomorrow.
9. Thou shalt have a kind word and a kind deed for everyone.
10. Thou shalt say each morning -- I am a child of God and nothing can hurt me.
© 2009-2016 Helen Steiner Rice Foundation Fund, LLC